Dates: 3 - 4 - 5 May 2019
Times: Friday, 18:30-20:30 /Saturday, 09:30-11:30 and 13:30 - 15:30 /Sunday, 09:30 - 11:30 and 13:00 - 15:00
Location: City = Biel/Bienne; exact location to be announced
Price: To be announced
(The Workshop can only be booked as a full Workshop - sorry, no single sessions possible!)
Level: All levels students are welcome, although prior experience with Ashtanga Yoga is recommended.
Yogamats: We do not have any yogamats/other props available, please bring your own!
Our cancellation policy for this workshop is as follows:
- cancellation till 90 days before the workshop, a cancellation fee of 25% of the full workshop costs, has to be paid.
- cancellation till 45 days before the workshop, a cancellation fee of 50% of the full workshop costs, has to be paid.
- if one quits less than 45 days before the workshop there is no refund possible.
- One can send a person as a substitute to the workshop. The data (name, mail address and tel number) of the new person must be sent to LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates in time before the workshop starts.
- Full payment is required to ensure your place. Registration is confirmed when payment is complete.
- Retreats, Teacher Trainings and Workshops are governed by these Additional Terms and Conditions in addition to the General Terms and Conditions of LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates. The General Terms and Conditions of LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates form an integral part of these Additional General Terms and Conditions. By participating in a Workshop, Teacher Training or Retreat, the relevant Participant accepts the applicability of the General Terms and Conditions of LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates and the Additional General Terms and Conditions.
- A Participant may participate in a Workshop or Retreat after he or she has registered for it with LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates and paid the Price. A place in the Workshop or Retreat is guaranteed after LALUMBRE Yoga & Pilates has received the complete payment.
- For some Workshops and Retreats, an “Early Bird Rate” applies. This reduced rate applies until the date specified on the Website. After this date the normal rate, which is also specified on the Website, applies without exception.
David Robson is a practitioner and teacher of Ashtanga Yoga, in the tradition of KPJAYI. David is the director of the Ashtanga Yoga Centre of Toronto, where he leads one of the world’s largest Mysore programs outside of India.
David began a daily practice in 1998 while at university studying Comparative Religion. After graduating, David made his first trip to Mysore, India in 2002, where he initiated studies with his teacher Sharath Jois. Since then he has returned to Mysore annually to deepen and enrich his practice and teaching.
In 2007, David was Authorized to teach Ashtanga.
David teaches workshops and retreats around the world. He has also released an influential series of instructional videos on Ashtanga called Learn To Float.
Friday, 3 May 2019, 18:30 – 20:30: Learn to Float
When breath and movement are in union, our practice becomes graceful and filled with ease. Focusing on the vinyasas of Surya Namaskara, the Sun Salutations, this workshop will provide you with invaluable techniques to help you bring lightness into your practice. All levels are welcome to attend.
Saturday, 4 May 2019, 09:00 – 11:30: Led Primary
David will lead you through Ashtanga's Primary Series with the traditional Sanskrit count, and include some detailed instruction along the way. Prepare to work very hard!
Saturday, 4 May 2019, 13:30 - 15:30: Perfecting the Fundamental Asanas
Take a deep and detailed look at the alignment and actions of Ashtanga’s opening sequence. Study the exact vinyasas that connect each of the postures, and Learn ways to deepen the work and progression of your daily practice.
Sat PM Pain Free Backbending
Backbends don’t have to hurt. This workshop will explore the basic alignment and actions of Ashtanga’s Primary & Intermediate Series backbends. By learning correct technique for the poses, take the pain out of backbending and allow your body to safely go deeper into the postures. This workshop is open to practitioners of all levels.
Sunday, 5 May 2019, 09:00 – 11:30: Mysore
Mysore is the traditional format for practicing Ashtanga Yoga. Led classes are a fantastic way to learn about the vinyasa, but Mysore-style is where you follow your own breath and deepen your focus and meditation skills. David leads one of the world’s largest mysore programs at his home studio.
Sunday, 5 May 2019, 13:00 – 15:00: Jump Back & Jump Through
Jump Backs and Jump Throughs are the transitional movements that link Ashtanga's sitting poses together. These vinyasas provide a bridge to carry our focus between asanas, and also build a purifying heat in the body that is said to boil the blood. This workshop will go over the actions and movements of the jump-back and jump-through in close detail, and provide invaluable instruction useful for all levels of practitioners.